Address: Kålaboda, 91595 Ånäset
The living conditions and lifestyles of previous farming communities are on show here. Old tools and domestic utensils are amongst the exhibits. The museum is open every Sunday in July (other times by arrangement) – coffee is served and various events are held.
The buildings housing the museum were originally a school. Dating back to 1884, the first of them was erected by the people in and around the village of Kålaboda. It was in use up until 1931, when a new school was built. The old school was converted into accommodation for teachers and was used as such until 1953. On the introduction of free school meals, it was then turned into a canteen. The teachers had to move to a newly constructed residence.
Closed in 1967, the school stood empty up until 1977 when, on the initiative of the museum committee of Kålaboda’s village council, the farming museum was set up. This committee still runs the museum today.